Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Date of birth for everyone in household (not just those applying)
- Driver’s license or other ID
- Social Security # for each person applying
- For non-citizens who are applying for coverage, Green Card or other immigration documents
- Most recent tax forms
- Recent pay stubs (two consecutive)
- Documents for any other sources of income (social security, unemployment, self-employment, etc)
- W2 form or Employer Tax ID Number (EIN)
- Employer’s address and contact information
- Information about any employer-provided health insurance available to each person applying (bring this form to your employer)
Do I qualify for tax credits?
For information about what tax credits you may qualify for, please visit MNformation. Please call Portico at 651-489-CARE (2273) or 1-866-489-4899 if you have questions.
What is Medical Assistance? What is MinnesotaCare?
Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare are public programs, also referred to as “Minnesota Health Care Programs,” that provide health insurance for Minnesotans who meet certain eligibility criteria. Portico’s staff members are trained to help individuals and families determine their potential eligibility for Minnesota Health Care Programs and provide hands-on assistance during the application process. To find out if you may qualify for Minnesota Health Care Programs, call Portico at 651-489-CARE (2273) or 1-866-489-4899.
What does the name Portico Healthnet mean?
"Portico" means entryway and "Healthnet" suggests a health care safety net. Together, these words reflect the organization’s work to provide entry into health care safety net programs for people without coverage.