Outreach and Enrollment Assistance:
- Information about low cost and sliding fee clinics for medical, dental, and mental health care available statewide through the Health Access Line at 651-489-CARE (2273) or toll free at 1-866-489-4899.
- In-person and telephone assessments by community health workers to determine potential eligibility for Minnesota Health Care Programs (Medical Assistance and MinnesotaCare).
- Community health workers available to provide face-to-face assistance at multiple locations throughout the metro, including schools, clinics and WIC sites.
- Hands-on assistance with the application, enrollment and renewal process for Minnesota Health Care Programs provided in-person and over the telephone.
- Follow-up and ongoing advocacy with county and state offices on behalf of applicants.
If you are uninsured, call us at 651-489-CARE (2273) or 1-866-489-4899.
Coverage and Care Management:
- Provides alternative coverage for uninsured individuals and families who do not qualify for Minnesota Health Care Programs and meet specific eligibility criteria*.
- Clinic visits, specialty care, urgent care, prescriptions, outpatient mental health services, and outpatient hospital services typically covered; some co-payments required.
- Care management services provided to help with navigating the health care system, chronic care planning, transitions to other health care coverage, and referrals to community services.
- Monthly participation fees determined on a sliding scale based on income and household size, typically between $25 and $50 per household per month.
*Eligibility criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Resident of Ramsey, Hennepin, Dakota or Washington County
- Household income at or below 275% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Ineligible for Minnesota Health Care Programs or other source of affordable coverage