Portico Healthnet serves uninsured Minnesotans who need access to health coverage and care.
During 2011, Portico screened over 14,000 uninsured children and adults for different coverage options. Approximately 4,000 of these individuals appeared potentially eligible for Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare and received personalized application assistance from Portico. Among those for whom we provided application assistance:
- 72 percent were people of color.
- 50 percent spoke a language other than English as their primary language.
- 58 percent were children (under the age of 19); 42 percent were adults.
Among the 2,166 uninsured Minnesotans who were able to access health care through Portico’s coverage program during 2011:
- 83 percent had household incomes at or below 200 percent of federal poverty level.*
- 78 percent spoke a language other than English as their primary language.
- 28 percent were children (under the age of 19); 72 percent were adults.
* For a family of four in 2011, 200 percent of federal poverty was an annual household income of $44,700.